From SpecNext official Wiki
- 1 Simon N Goodwin's Spectrum Next Page
- 2 Visual Studio Code Tasks and Scripts
- 3 Next BMP Tools
- 4 Octarine Studio
- 5 UDGeedNext Sprite Editor
- 6 Speccy Art
- 7 ZX Spectrum Next tools by Theodore (Alex) Evans
- 8 Next Image Manipulator by Matt Davies
- 9 hdfmonkey
- 10 ZXSpectrumNextTests by Kevin Watkins and Peter Helcmanovsky
- 11 ZXSpectrumNextTests by Robin Verhagen-Guest
- 12 WASPtools by Phoebus Dokos
- A host of utilites for NextBasic written by Simon, NextPort, Nextramon,
- Next MGT Reader amongst other treasures.
- Some VSC goodies by kounch to work with NextBasic and ZX Basic
- The Next BMP tools are BMP image conversion tools targeting the Sinclair ZX Spectrum Next written
- by Stefan Bylund
- Octarine Studio by Guy Black is a PC based editing tool that currently supports palettes and tiles.
- Windows based sprite editor written by some guy I have never heard of. Currently supports 8 bit
- palettes. 9 bit and 4 bit sprites should be added at some point....
- An online drawing experience that aims to help you create Sinclair ZX Spectrum-like images.
- Supports the classic ULA mode (256x192 pixels with 8x8 attribute squares and 15 classic ZX colours)
- Supports the Timex HiColour mode (256x192 pixels with 8x1 attribute rectangles and 15 classic ZX colours)
- Images can be saved and loaded through TAP files or exported into SCR/SHC files.
- Multiple tools for various graphics conversions and processing
- windows command line tool to convert various image and palette formats to custom "nip/nim" binary formats which are simple enough to parse (or include directly into source with assemblers supporting binary includes)
- this is early version (already working, build it from source), but further expansion to support also tiles/etc may happen in future
- A Swiss Army Knife for working with FAT partitions on Spectrum emulator HDF images
- Suite of tests exercising various aspects of ZX Spectrum Next
- Tests for: Next registers, Copper, Sprites, Layer2, ULA modes, Extended ULA, Layers mixing modes, Z80N instructions, ...
- ASM Sources for each test (sjasmplus assembler syntax)
- Suite of tests exercising various aspects of ZX Spectrum Next (yes, one more :) )
- Tests for: DMA, MMU paging, Layers mixing modes
- ASM Sources for each test (Zeus assembler syntax)
WASPtools by Phoebus Dokos
WASPtools is a suite of tools comprised of a palette manipulator, a sprite editor, a graphics converter, and tilemap editor (both virtual tilemaps for say Layer2, and the hardware tilemap mode).