Any Z80 assembler can produce code suitable for the Next. However the raw blocks of Z80 code may be not as convenient to use with Next or emulators, so a Next specific tools may be useful for creating one of the supported File Formats.
- Provides a complete Z80 IDE and Macro assembler, scripted disassember plus an integrated Z80 emulator for a range of machines including partial Next support
- Supports the Next opcodes directly
- Supports remote debugging on the Next using ParaSys across a serial link
- Supports MMU paging in the integrated emulator
- Supports sprites (core versions prior to 2.00.26) in the integrated emulator
- A long established Z80 assembler, but has been out of development for a long time
- Supports all currently known Next extension opcodes through this modified Pasmo from Russ McNulty and Tony Thompson and also now supports outputting .sna files to use with CSpect, thanks to Russ McNulty
Included with the #CSpect emulator
- Full macro assembler
- Full bank control via Segment management
- Supports the Next extension opcodes directly
- Generates full 24bit map files for use in CSpect
Part of Z88dk
- Supports the Next extension opcodes directly, linking assembler with large z80 library, targets any memory configuration
- Supports all (core2.00.28) Next extension opcodes, ZXN memory model (8 memory slots with 8ki pages and 1.75MiB virtual device memory), SAVENEX to build NEX files directly from ASM source (NEX version V1.2 (and experimental extension "V1.3")), MAP files for #CSpect emulator, SLD tracing files for DeZog and NDS-NextDevSystem and it is under active development (feedback is welcome).
- Open source project ("BSD-3-Clause" license), windows executables available at releases, mac and linux users are expected to simply build from source (both make and CMake are supported).
- Documentation, latest stable release v1.18.1 2021-01-24
FantASM is a two pass non optimising assembler for the Z80 processor by Guy 'CatpainBlack' Black.
It supports all undocumented op-codes and the extended instruction set of the ZX Next and additional pseudo opcodes used by the CSpect emulator to control debugging.